One of the ways MSON (501 (c) (7)) strives to support our local community each year is by donating thousands of dollars to local non-profits. The average grant size ranges between $500 - $1,000. Funds are dispersed twice a year and 2020 applications must be postmarked to October 15 and April 15 to be considered. The application is linked below in the green box.
Important Points to Note:
- The funds MUST be used to directly benefit military families.
- Funds need to meet an organization’s most critical needs. This can include continuing existing support, expanding a program or starting a new program.
- Funds will not typically be granted for fund-raising campaigns or re-granting of funds in an organization’s own name.
- Requests must be for an organization and not a person(s).
All applications must also:
- Be clear and concise;
- Detail the amount of military involvement;
- Provide supportive financial documentation;
- Be signed by the proper authority; and
- Be typed and fully completed.