I know, it's Easter Weekend. But let's take advantage of fun holiday weekend, by walking around with a "Hood's Up Weekend" checking out some NICE looking Classic Cars!!
They also have a scavenger hunt tailored especially for kids where they have to read the car information plaques and watch the videos to find the answers. It's really fun.!.
Let us know you'll be joining us and we can purchase our tickets at the museum. This is a planned social for getting together.
HOOD’S UP WEEKEND
Saturday & Sunday
April 20 - 21
Every car’s engine is ready to be inspected and admired! (Six galleries with 70+ cars)
Free with regular admission: $18/adults; $15/Seniors, Military, Students; $8/Ages 5-15 (with an adult); Free/Ages 4 and under (with an adult)
● One of New England’s Top Attractions…opened June 1, 2017
● Private collection of 70+ automobiles focused on seven decades of modern industrial automotive design and celebrates
cars as works of art.
● From the fabulous ’50s to today’s hottest designs, separate exhibits for Ford Shelbys, Corvettes, World Cars, Fin Cars, and American Muscle and Chrysler Mopars have been carefully curated to appeal to men as well as women and to all generations, from grandparents to parents to children.
● The museum’s Mid-20 th Century modern furnishings are by iconic designers such as Americans Charles and Ray Eames and Florence Knoll Bassett and Denmark’s Arne Jacobsen and Hans Wegner. The museum’s cult classics include the Egg chair by Arne Jacobsen; the Bocca Sofa (representing Marilyn Monroe’s trademark pouty red lips) by Gufram Italy’s Studio 65; and the Joe Chair (inspired by New York Yankees centerfielder Joe DiMaggio’s baseball glove) by Italian designers de Pas, D’Urbino, Lomazzi.
● 70,000 sq. ft. exhibit area plus 5,000 sq. ft. event space/banquet and cocktail area (for 500 people), corporate break-out rooms, and future gift store
● Located in a 114,000 sq. ft. building on 17 acres at the Raytheon Co. campus. The building was a former missile manufacturing plant.
● The Newport Car Museum is a 501(c)(3) organization.
● Museum Hours: Daily, Monday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Closed Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Year’s
● Handicap Accessible
● Free On-Site Parking (350+ spaces)
● Special corrals for car clubs and others
● Approximately 90 minutes needed for visit